What is IR35?
IR35 is legislation introduced to identify and address tax avoidance by individuals who perform the role of an employee through an intermediary.
Individuals working through an intermediary in this manner often pay lower levels of tax and national insurance contributions. HMRC intends to recover tax contributions from these ‘disguised employees’.
Why should you care?
From April 6th 2021, every business will be responsible for determining the IR35 status of each contractor.
What should you do?
Hamlins has produced a helpful cheat sheet to help you understand:
- if IR35 applies to your business;
- what key factors determine the status of your contractors; and
- how we can help your business be IR35 compliant.
Listen to our IR35 Legal Secrets podcast, which gives you the lowdown on how IR35 affects your business. You can also download our FREE IR35 cheat sheet by filling in your details.
How we can help
Hamlins can provide guidance and support to help ensure you are IR35 compliant through:
- Working practices review
- Workforce audits
- Contract reviews
- Updating template contracts
- IR35 compliance training
- Creating evidence checklists
- Develop new on-boarding processes
- Assisting with drafting communications
IR35 Cheat Sheet Hamlins Legal Secrets
Please fill in your details to receive a copy