Services for Landlords
- Leasehold enfranchisement – dealing with tenants’ claims for lease extensions and to acquire the freehold (flats and houses) including challenging claims to maximise the premium/ground rents.
- Tenants’ breaches – advice on enforcement, including forfeiture.
- Service charges – advising on recoverability and consultation as well as defending assessments in the Tribunal.
- Manager/audit applications – advising on and defending tenants’ applications for an appointment of a statutory manager or for a statutory audit.
- Right to manage – advising landlords in relation to a tenants’ right to manage application.
- Rights of first refusal – preparing and serving Section 5 notices and advice on rights of first refusal generally.
Services for Developers
- Rights of first refusal – advice on structuring investments to avoid triggering rights of first refusal
- Residential service charges – advice on structuring leases to assist with recoverability of residential service charges
- Acquisition of the freehold – advice on claiming the freehold of certain investment properties under the Leasehold Reform Act 1967 or structuring investments so as to acquire a right of collective enfranchisement under the Leasehold Reform Housing and Urban Development Act 1993
Services for High Net Worth Individuals
- Lease extensions – advice on and bringing lease extension claims including acquiring the lease with the benefit of a claim and assuring it is properly assigned.
- Management issues – advice on dealing with poor landlord management including the right to manage, the appointment of a statutory manager and seeking a statutory audit.
- Collective claims – acting for tenants collectively in relation to claims under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987 or the Leasehold Reform Housing and Urban Development Act 1993.
- Lofts – dealing with claims over lofts where these are not demised.