We are seeking a Junior Cashier to work as part of a team of six in our busy finance department. This is a 12-month fixed term contract and reports to the Legal Accounts Manager and the Head of Finance.
The ideal candidate will have strong numeracy skills, experience of using Excel and will be confident when liaising with clients and colleagues.
The role is wide-ranging and will provide exposure to basic Office and Client cashiering functions as well as day to day accounting functions. These will include but not be restricted to:
- The processing of nominal ledger purchases, expense claims and disbursements
- Bill raising and posting
- Cheque processing and bank transfers
- Client and Office account transactions
- General administration, including filing
It is expected that all duties will be performed efficiently and with a high degree of accuracy. There will be considerable interaction with fee earners and support staff from around the firm. The following skills sets are relevant:
Essential criteria includes:
- Educated to high GCSE or equivalent standard, including strong passes in English and Mathematics
- IT Literate (Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Ability to communicate with Partners/Staff/Clients at all levels. Good telephone manner
- Integrity and trustworthiness
- Team player
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- Attention to detail but also an eye for the “big picture”
- Sense of humour
- Well spoken, determined, confident, flexible approach
Desirable criteria includes:
- A level Maths or equivalent
- Experience of working within a small team.
Closing date to apply is Friday 23rd November.APPLY FOR THIS ROLE