Today a group of people have launched a legal action against Associated Newspapers, publishers of The Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday and the Mail Online.
The group behind this legal offensive are: Baroness Doreen Lawrence of Clarendon OBE; Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex; Sir Elton John and David Furnish; Elizabeth Hurley; and Sadie Frost.
These individuals have become aware of compelling and highly distressing evidence that they have been the victims of abhorrent criminal activity and gross breaches of privacy by Associated Newspapers. Unlawful acts alleged to have taken place include:
- The hiring of private investigators to secretly place listening devices inside people’s cars and homes
- The commissioning of individuals to surreptitiously listen into and record people’s live, private telephone calls whilst they were taking place
- The payment of police officials, with corrupt links to private investigators, for inside, sensitive information
- The impersonation of individuals to obtain medical information from private hospitals, clinics, and treatment centres by deception
- The accessing of bank accounts, credit histories and financial transactions through illicit means and manipulation.
It is apparent to these individuals that the alleged crimes listed above represent the tip of the iceberg – and that many other innocent people remain unknowing victims of similar terrible and reprehensible covert acts.
They have now therefore banded together to uncover the truth, and to hold the journalists responsible fully accountable, many of whom still hold senior positions of authority and power today.
These individuals have been the subject of public interest during the course of their careers and personal lives. They are united in their desire to live in a world where the press operates freely, yet responsibly. A press that represents truth, is sourced in fact and can be trusted to operate ethically and in the interests of the British public.
Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex, and Sadie Frost are represented by Hamlins LLP.
Baroness Doreen Lawrence of Clarendon OBE, Elizabeth Hurley and Sir Elton John and David Furnish are represented by gunnercooke.
David Sherborne of 5RB is Counsel for all the Claimants instructed by Callum Galbraith of Hamlins LLP and Anjlee Sangani of gunnercooke.
All queries to firstname.lastname@example.org