Robert has joined the firm as our International Business Consultant in order to boost the firm’s international presence, and build on our offering to international clients. He is on the Steering Committee of LNI (Legal Network International), a network of over 60 independent law firms in more than 50 jurisdictions.
Robert is an international company and commercial law specialist with an emphasis on cross-border mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures. In a career spanning 40 years, Robert has been involved in legal matters for clients in more than 100 countries throughout the world.
He has held a number of senior positions in large U.S. commercial firms based in London and also founded his own firm, Rakisons, which specialised in international and cross border matters before it became the London base of another large U.S. firm.
Robert has extensive experience advising on mergers and acquisitions for UK private companies, venture capital and private equity investment, both for venture capitalists and private equity houses as well as targets, raising private equity capital and debt finance for entrepreneurial companies. He has advised on security transactions and capital markets, including Official List and AIM listings, with a further emphasis on e-commerce financing and structuring, general and financial business matters.
- Co-author, “EU/UK Competition Law Update,” EuroWatch, Thomson Reuters, August 2011
- Co-author, “Changes at European Commission,” EuroWatch, Thomson Reuters, February 28, 2010
- Moderator of Cannabis Panel Discussion, LNI (Legal Network International) Fall Conference, Los Angeles, October 2019
- Presenter and Moderator, LNI (Legal Network International) Fall Conference, Chicago, October 20, 2017
- Moderator, “Infrastructure & Competition in the Israeli Market,” Universal Oil & Gas Conference, November 18, 2015
- Speaker, “Eastern Mediterranean Energy Opportunities – Opportunities and Challenges,” and “Alternative Opportunities in the Extractive Industries,” Middle East and North Africa Series (hosted jointly by British Expertise and the Middle East Association), July 17, 2014