Professional Negligence Disputes
We have acted for and against a wide variety of professionals including surveyors, architects, construction consultants, civil engineers, law firms, accountants, actuaries, financial advisors and brokers.
Find out more
Our clients include companies, partnerships, trustees and high net worth individuals. We advise on all forms of disputes arising out of and linked to professional negligence including breaches of professional duty and breaches of contract.
We have particular expertise in acting against professionals in the construction and real estate industry including acting against valuers who have provided negligent valuation advice to investors in significant property/development portfolios and investment schemes. View less
View more work
- Acting for an investment management company in respect of a professional negligence claim against their legal advisors (re the inadequate drafting of a Share Purchase Agreement)
- Acting for a trust in a large surveyors’ professional negligence claim
- Advising a major real estate developer in respect of a professional negligence action against a leading multinational law firm relating to drafting of a deed
- Acting on behalf of a joint venture company with a £350m property portfolio in respect of a negligent survey carried out by a leading surveying company relating to one of the sizeable retail buildings which was part of a large property portfolio
- Acting on behalf of two investors who loaned money to an engineering company under two debentures. The debentures were inadequate as they failed to provide any security to the two individuals, contrary to their instructions. We are now providing our clients with corporate as well as professional negligence advice in their claim against a commercial law firm.
The team is ‘very well organised and attentive to client needs; and the team provides good advice on the strength of legal positions’.
Hamlins LLP’s ‘quick and efficient’ team predominantly handles claims against law firms, accountants, financial advisers, trustees, and construction professionals, including surveyors and civil engineers.
Legal 500 2017 - Professional Negligence
Hamlins LLP’s “overall level of service delights clients”.
Legal 500 2017 - Commercial litigation
See who else recommends our team
Amanda is recognised for her expertise in commercial litigation in Legal 500 2017 where she is described as “a top-class litigator who is unfailingly calm and has a can-do attitude”.
Legal 500 2017 - Amanda Burge